Pages

Friday 14 April 2023

Holy Moley! It's Your Birthday!

 Hey everyone, I’m back today with another card from the latest Time for Tea Designs release, featuring my favourite of the new stamp sets – the I Really Dig You stamps & dies.


I started by die cutting four slimline frames using the Stitched Slimline Slopes die. On the first three, I snipped away the horizontal slopes from the bottom half (so I had freedom to place the moles where I wanted), and glued the three frames together. On the fourth, I glued some acetate to the reverse, only on the bottom half, then added it to the top of the others. This created a “window” to see into the “underground” element of the card.


I cut a slimline panel of card and used the diecut frames to lightly mark in pencil where the centre horizontal sloped line was. Below that line, I ink blended my “underground” scene using the I Really Dig You background stencil, in Antique Linen and Gathered Twigs distress oxides.



Above the centre line, I ink blended a pale blue sky with Tumbled Glass distress oxide. I laid out the moles and worm that I’d stamped, die cut and coloured with Copics, where I wanted them on my card, and adhered them to the background with liquid glue, I then glued the frame to the background, which helped me figure out where to place the mole above ground, the daffodils, bee and butterflies (which were from another new release set – Daring Daffodils).


Finally, I made my sentiment by heat embossing on to black card, and die cut it with the co-ordinating dies.


If you’re after anything from the T4T store (including the new release!) you can use my discount code – T4TJAYNE10 for 10% off!


Thanks for stopping by, and I hope to see you again soon šŸ™‚

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for leaving a comment, it really does brighten my day!

Other Posts You Might Like