Pages

Saturday 10 April 2021

Have a Beary Good Day!



 

Happy Saturday everyone hope you have had a good week. They just seem to be flying by don't they! I thought I'd get my Bears Picnic set out this week as I hadn't had a chance to really use them yet other than the ants. It's such a cute stamp set and perfect for spring cards, I teamed it with the Sunburst cover plate die and framed it with the Nesting dies. 

I started by cutting out the Sunburst cover plate die and cut out a rectangle the same size. Using the Scene it 6 x 6 stencil I stencilled on some clouds on the rectangle using Tumbled Glass Distress Oxide ink. I  finished it off by splattering on some Faded Jeans Distress Oxide ink. For the sun I began with some Squeezed Lemonade and went around the edges with Dried Marigold adding some more splatters with the Dried Marigold.

I cut out the grass the same size as the rectangle using the Landscape edge standalone dies and used Twisted Citron and Mowed Lawn to colour it up finishing it again with splatters of Mowed Lawn. Once all the background was coloured up I stuck it down and started work on my critters. 

As always I stamped out a tonne of images and coloured them up I find this a great way to do things. It's so much quicker whilst you have your pens out and means you have extra images for next time when maybe you need a quick card. I used Copic markers to colour up my images and finished them off with a bit of black Gelly roll pen for the bears noses and white Gelly roll pen for the cheeks. When I laid out my images I felt like it was missing something I decided to frame the image with the Nesting Dies it didn't quite fit though so it hangs over at the top and bottom and as bigger at the sides. I just chopped off the excess and once it was stuck to my card base you cat tell that it was bigger. I really like the look it gives though like a family portrait. 

Once the frame was on I could stick down my images, I'm not going to lie I kept getting carried with the picnic and it just kept getting bigger and bigger! I finished it off with a sentiment I used the sentiment from the Bears Picnic set and cut it out using one of the speech bubble dies from the Speech Bubbles coordinating die set

I hope you liked my card for don't forget if you want to buy any of the products or anything in the shop you can get 10% off using code T4TNATALIE10 Hope you have a great weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for leaving a comment, it really does brighten my day!

Other Posts You Might Like