Pages

Saturday 17 April 2021

Let's Hang out!

 



Happy Saturday everyone I have another super cute card to share with you all this week. I just had to colour up those sloths after seeing Jo's card last week. I'm so pleased with how it turned out and bonus I used two products I haven't used before the sloths and the stencil. 
I began by cutting out the Fa La La slimline die to create my background I decided to mix it up this week and used my distress inks for a change. With the distress inks I find they are a lot easier to blend using the Bristol Smooth paper.  I started with a layer of cracked pistachio on the bottom then spritzed a little water to add some texture. Next I went in with the Tropic like it's Hot stencil I did a layer of mowed lawn first but I didn't like the look so went in again with the pine needles. The distress inks don't have the chalkiness to them like the oxides so you get these really beautiful vivid colours. 
The sloths, flowers and leaves were all coloured with my Copic markers. I just had to use all the sloths they were just too cute the set is called Be Slothy and comes with some flowers, leaves and butterflies too. I used the flowers from this set but I wanted some bigger leaves so I grabbed the ones from the Toucan Do This stamp set unfortunately this one has been discontinued in the shop. They go really well with the stencil and just add some extra detail.
Once everything was coloured up I die cut it all and started making my card I find the trick of getting your frame lined up is to use washi tape first on the back. This allows you to keep it perfectly aligned whilst still being able to easily take it off and manoeuvre whilst I added the double sided tape. Once this washi on I could make up the front. I popped the sloths up with fun foam you could use double sided tape but I only have a really thick one and it wouldn't have looked right. The leaves attached to the sloths are also popped up too. I added all my other leaves and flowers and finished off with some heat embossed sentiments and then a little zzz as I thought it was super cute I love how the die cuts that out too its super cute! That was my card finished up for today I hope you like it don't forget if you want to pick anything up in he shop you can get 10% off using code T4TNATALIE10 . Have a great weekend and I will see you back here next Saturday.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for leaving a comment, it really does brighten my day!

Other Posts You Might Like