Pages

Monday 5 April 2021

LOVE you & Hugs enclosed

Happy Easter Monday everyone! 🐤

It is Natalia here today, sharing with you my very first set of cards as part of the T4TD DT team - I am buzzing! 



I must admit, I wasn't sure which sentiment I wanted to use, I just love them all, and this is why I ended up with two cards - that was not the original plan. I am glad I did though, because I really like them both!



For these cards I used the T4TD Be Kind Be You Clear Stamp Set and Be Kind Be You Coordinating Die Set. I think this is a really versatile set as there's so many not only stamp sentiments but word die cuts too! The most amazing thing is that you can buy these as a set under the Limited edition collections section over at the shop and save some money - yay! 

Now, let's get into the details on how I made these two cards!

Firstly, I picked my Distress Oxide inks for the cards. I chose a rainbow palette as I thought they would make the cards bright and happy:

  • Abandoned coral
  • Ripe persimmon
  • Dried marigold
  • Squeezed lemonade
  • Twisted citron
  • Broken china
  • Kitsch flamingo
  • Wilted violet
Initially I was not sure on the card sizes so I inked blended a section big enough for my coordinating dies twice from the same colour on scrap paper. 

Let's talk about the blending brushes I used! There are some brushes that arrive slightly blemished but work perfectly fine. They are a whooping 60% off the regular price and you can find them here.




Once my ink blending was dry and safe to do some heat embossing on, I applied some anti-static powder onto it, stamped the LOVE and Hugs Enclosed sentiment with VersaMark ink and used WOW regular embossing powder on them. I did the same with the envelope stamp, but on black cardstock. 

For the word YOU I die cut that 4 times from black cardstock and the shadow from vellum. I then die cut each rectangle and square two times per sentiment to give the card some dimension - so each of my sentiments had 3 layers on them. Same for the envelope stamp.

For the Love You card, I used an A2 card base, and cut a smaller panel to arrange my sentiments and leave a border all around. For the Hugs enclosed card I used a square 5x5" card base and cut a panel slightly smaller only horizontally to leave some border on both sides. 

To arrange all the sentiments on my cards, I used two T-rulers - I can tell you, not even then I got them 100% straight! Who would have said I did technical drawing for years 😂


I hope you like these!

Don't forget to use the code T4TNEILA10 on checkout to save 10% off your order!

Sending hugs,

Natalia



No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for leaving a comment, it really does brighten my day!

Other Posts You Might Like