Pages

Sunday 25 April 2021

Pop Up Ducks

Good afternoon everyone and happy Sunday.

Lyndsey here and I'm so excited to be on the blog sharing this card with you today. You may remember quite a while ago on one of the lives Jo had asked what us Teatimers would like to see in upcoming releases, one of my answers back then was ducks. So I can't tell you how happy I was when I actually saw them feature in this months release.

For my card today I decided to make a box card, which I have seen all over social media lately and just love the design, and obviously I used the adorable Lucky Ducks stamp and die set .

I don't have the die sets to create this with so I came up with my own measurements and have created a little photo tutorial for you.

1. I took a simple arch die nesting set and used it to cut 2 arches from white card.
2. I trimed each arch down to size as I didn't want them to be too tall.

3. I cut 3 pieces of white card to 12cm wide x (different heights as shown in the pic) and scored at 1cm & 11cm. I used the Landscape Border Dies to cut the grass shape from the top of the 2 larger pieces. I then cut 2 pieces of card to 7cm wide x 6cm tall and trimmed in a diagonal to 3.5xm at the RH side,  scoring in at 1cm from the LH edge.

4. I Attached both the side pieces to the back of the largest arch panel ( you will need a good strong tape or adhesive).

5. I used the Scene it 6x6 Stencil to add clouds to the smaller arch panel using salty ocean distress ink, and coloured the grass using twisted citron distress ink.


 6. The cloud panel is stuck to the back of the card (covering the joins from the side pieces) and the front piece and the 2 grass pieces are stuck to the LH side of the box, spacing out the grass pieces to suit your design.


7. An easy way to get everything lined up when on the final assembly is to lay the card flat (with the tabs up as shown) remove the tape and then fold the RH side piece over to stick the card together.


8. And wholia you have your finished box card.


To create my little scene I stamped and cut out the cute Lucky Ducks and then added more details using the the tree, clouds and fence from the Windmill add on die set.  I coloured the tree in with my SN markers and finally added one of the bees from the Buzzing for you  stamp set.

The colours for the images are listed below in order of lightest to darkest.

Ducks & Bee - CT1, CT2, CT4, GB5 
Beaks - OR1, OR2, OR3 
Grass - CG3, CG2, DG4
Flowers- HB2, LV2, LV3 & PP2, PP5
Bullrushes - TN5, TN7,  TN9 
Butterflies - PP4 & LV1 

I finally finished off by adding patterned paper from the Rainbow Brights 6x6 pad to the outside of the box and stamping the sentiment onto a scalloped rectangle which was then added to the front of the box.

I hope you made it to the end of this very long post! Thank you for joining me here on the blog today.

You can get 10% off your order in store by using my code T4TLYNDSEY10.

Enjoy the rest of your weekend.

Lyndsey x

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for leaving a comment, it really does brighten my day!

Other Posts You Might Like