Pages

Saturday 8 May 2021

Brighter Days are Ahead


 Saturday has come around so fast this week hope you have all had a great week. The team have been busy crafting away getting ready for the Brighter Days show on create and craft today. This is one of my samples for the show I just love how it turned out. The Tree of Love Cover Plate Die is so delicate and pretty and great for adding quick but detailed backgrounds or even just as the main image of a card. It's so versatile and the team have made some gorgeous samples with it.

I began my card by creating the sunset background I used a combination of Dried Marigold and Kitsch Flamingo just blending them together with the outer edges being a little darker. Then I added some splats of colour using the same colours. Setting this aside to dry I stamped out my images I used the birds from the Brighter Days stamp set and the flowers come from the Lucky Duck stamp set. The birds were coloured simply and finished off with some pinks and three white dots for the cheeks. The flower border too was pretty simply coloured as well as it's only small I just cut off the heads of the bulrushes after die cutting them out and popped flowers on the top instead.
I cut out the tree from some pretty mint green paper but as it was really thin I popped it on top of a layer of card and blended the heart with some kitsch flamingo distress oxide ink. Then all I needed to do was to stick everything together. I got my sentiment from the new Brighter Days Sentiment cards I love how easy these are for sentiments. I was a little scared to cut them at first but it was super easy with my paper trimmer. Last thing to do was pop it on my card base and that was my card finished up I hope you like it and if you would like any of the products you can get 10% off in the Time for Tea shop using code T4TNATALIE10 
Have a great weekend and I will see you same time next week!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for leaving a comment, it really does brighten my day!

Other Posts You Might Like