Pages

Monday 17 May 2021

'You make me smile' card

Hi crafty friends!

DT Natalia (@cardsmadebynatalia) with you here today.

I hope you had a lovely weekend. I got some quality crafty time, it felt very productive which is always great!

Among other projects, I made this shaker slimline card with Time for Tea Design products. I wanted to use the gorgeous patterned papers from the Brighter Days 6x6' paper pad. Have you seen it already? It has the happiest designs and colours!



I started by die cutting my base panel from purple cardstock with the largest of the Slimline Scalloped Trio Circle nesting dies, then used the middle one to die cut the pale pink cardstock and the smallest one to cut the white panel. 

I then used the partial die cutting technique with the new horizontal Tulip Add On Die Set. This die comes with three tulips but I wanted space in the middle for my sentiments ðŸŒ·ðŸŒ·. After that, I splattered some Distress Oxide shaded lilac and spun sugar with a round size 8 on my panel for some extra interest.



Now it was time to make the shaker! I prepared some acetate and glued it flat behind each tulip negative space. I used the foam roll around each tulip to create my shaker. I then filled the tulips with a sequin mix and glued acetate on top to secure my shaker area. This really helps as you can then move your panel and align it when gluing it down. This is a technique I learned from the lovely Jo.

I then die cut 4 layers of the large script hello sentiment die and one from the purple cardstock I used for my base panel. I absolutely love the basic word dies from T4TD as they come with a shadow die and they are the perfect size for any card. I also added a strip from the Brighter Days Sentiment Cards, I always love that touch of a black strip sentiment on a card.



As usual, I could not help myself but finish off the card with some Little Things from Lucy’s cards sequins! They just complete the card so nicely.

Remember to use the code T4TNEILA10 for a 10% off your shop! 💕

I hope you like the card, and I will see you next Monday with a new project!

Sending hugs,

Natalia

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for leaving a comment, it really does brighten my day!

Other Posts You Might Like