Pages

Tuesday 25 May 2021

Guest designer Carrie has some gorgeous rainbow cards for us this week!


 Hello, Carrie Rhoades here, back with another post sharing some of my favourite things from Time for Tea. 

Today I will be creating some mini scenes that you can easily use on any size card. 

I have made three card to showcase my mini scene, a slimline, a mini slimline and a 4" x 4" square card. 

T4t mini scenes 1

You can see each of the mini scene are in circles on each of the cards. The stamps that I used for the mini scenes are the All Occasions Critters and the Grateful for You Landscape clear stamp sets. 
Let's take a closer look at each of these three cards. 

T4t mini scenes 2

Each of these cards also has a rainbow background, for the slimline card I did some ink blending with some die based inks from Altenew to create a rainbow panel that I then die cut using the Lots of Love Slimline die.
Each of my mini scenes was stamped with an image from the Grateful for You Landscape stamp set. The mountain image I used is about 5" long. I just used a portion of this stamp on my circle, the image is small enough for a mini scene. I thought it was a great backdrop for these critters, meeting ups for coffee and donuts, but outside as we are doing more of nowadays. The center circle holds the main sentiment and uses the Sun and clouds image, also from the same landscape set. 

Time for tea 4

The rainbow background on this card was made by first ink blending with the super soft ink blending brushes by Time for Tea a rainbow, then stamping on the A5 Woodgrain background stamp with black ink. Then I splattered on some shimmer. A great accent background for a rainy scene. The mini scene was done the same as in the slimline card, but on a slightly larger circle. This card is a mini slimline card, the finished card measures 6" x  3".   All my coloring was done with Copic Markers, I used the same colors through out all three cards.
 
T4t mini scene 3

For my third mini scene I made a sky scene for this little one. The finished size of this square card is 4" x 4". You may have noticed that for each circle I added a shadow circle in a very light gray card stock, to give the scene a little something to make it pop. The rainbow background for this card was stamped using the Plaid Background stamp set. I inked up one end of this image with a dark pink ink. The other end a turquoise blue ink. Then I brayered on ink in the center of the stamp in yellow. This overlapped the pink and the turquoise ink and gave me orange and green. I was so happy with the results after stamping down this image. 
I love each of these cards and how cute the mini scenes look on a rainbow background. I'd love to know which is your fave!  

T4t mini scenes 5

You can watch the YouTube Video here.

Thank you so much for stopping by and letting me share some of my favorite things from Time for Tea! 
Happy Stamping 
Carrie Rhoades
 
SUPPLIES: 
All Occasions Critters Clear Stamp Set
All Occasions Critters Die Set
Grateful for You Landscape Stamp Set
Lots of Love Slimline Die set
A5 Woodgrain Stamp Set
Plaid Background Stamp Set
 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for leaving a comment, it really does brighten my day!

Other Posts You Might Like