Pages

Tuesday 18 May 2021

Guest Designer Carrie Rhoades shares her sweet Father's Day card


Hello there, Carrie Rhoades here, I am excited to be guest designing for Time for Tea. 
I have always thought their images to be adorable, especially the new Lucky Duck clear stamp set. I thought it was such a fun stamp set to use for Father's Day. And I love that it is a such a versatile set that I can use it for so many other occasions.  
Since I am making a card for Father's Day today I wanted it to be a very special card, so I decided to make one of my favourite kinds of cards to make, a shaker card. To set the scene for this shaker card I am using the Autumn Scene cover plate



This die set cuts out all the pieces individually. so it is easy to paper piece all the elements together in the colours that you want for your scene. I chose to make mine a pond for the front layer, but you can do both pieces in green for two hills as well. 
All of my scene elements are adhered to a window sheet that makes the cover of this shaker card. In the background of the shaker I used a light blue card stock and adhered a few die cut clouds to that layer as I wanted to use some raindrop shaker elements from a stash. I thought the ducks were enjoying a nice spring or summer shower. 

I decided that I would make my ducks white as both my daughters think white ducks are the cutest thing. But you can colour them up in so many different ways! 

I added a sentiment to the outside of the card that says I'm a LUCKY DUCK. And on the inside I continued the sentiment to say; to have you as my DAD. The inside also needed something cute so I added another duck chasing a fly. 



This card makes me smile, I love that the tree has woodgrain detailing, I love that you can make it rain, so let all the shaker elements fall to the bottom for no rain too. And I am sure it will make a Dad's day this year. 

You can see the making of this card in the video below. 



Thank you so much for stopping by the Time for Tea blog and letting me share my shaker card with you. 
I will be back again soon to play with more of my favourite Time for Tea goodies. 

Happy Stamping
Carrie Rhoades

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for leaving a comment, it really does brighten my day!

Other Posts You Might Like