Pages

Sunday 30 May 2021

Happy Travels

 Good afternoon Teatimers and happy Bank Holiday Sunday,

DT Lyndsey here on the blog today, and I'm so excited to be sharing this card made using some of the new release items that were launched on Friday. 

This weekend's weather is just gorgeous and seriously making me think of my summer holidays. Just a UK based one for us this year as we have a BIG trip coming up next year that we need to save our pennies for! So in that line with that thinking today I wanted to share with you this adorable card and this little cutie looks like he is off on his travels too!


 If you have not seen the new release yet, you are absolutely missing out. For this card I've used quite a few items which are listed below.

Car Critters stamp and die set 

Hillside Village stamp and die set 

Sunray cover plate die 

Slimline scene builder stencil

To start with I stamped and coloured my images using my Spectrum Noir alcohol markers (colours listed below in order of lightest to darkest)

Car - TB2, TB3, TB4 

Wheels - IG5,  IG7, IG9 

Panda - IG1, IG3, IG5 

Scarf -  CR7,  CR11, DR3

Trees- LG1, LG3, LG5 - CG1, CG2, DG3 - TN7,  TN9 

Road - IG1, IG3, IG5 

I wanted to create a little scene so used the road from the Car Critters set and teamed it with the trees from the Hillside Village set, using the matching die to cut the top of the scene. I cut a piece of white card using the largest of the A2 Layering Dies and added a cloudy background with salty ocean distress ink and the Slimline stencil.

From white card I then cut out the Sunray cover die and created the ombre colour using Squeezed Lemonade,  Wild Honey and Abandoned Coral distress inks. I added this and the coloured scene to the cloud panel and trimed off any overhang.

I added the cute panda to the car and popped him on the road using foam pads - Doesn't he just look like he's driving through the country side off on his holibobs!😁 finishing off the scene by adding a few puffy clouds in the sky.

 Before adding the panel to a card blank I made a little frame using the A2 Nesting Frame Dies and added to the panel using foam pads for a bit of dimension. I then adhered this to a slightly larger panel of blsck card before adding to a 6x6 card blank trimed down to size leaving a small border.

I love how this scene turned out and totally love how easy it is to mix and match all the items of the new release to create many different cards. These items will also match perfectly with any of the previous releases too, the only limit is your imagination! I hope you have enjoyed my card today,  I absolutely had so much fun with this new release I can't tell you, and I have so many more cards to share with you soon.

Thank you so much for joining me here on the blog today. If you want to purchase any of the new release don't forget to use my code T4TLYNDSEY10 for 10% off your order!😊

Enjoy the rest of your Bank Holiday weekend

Lyndsey xx

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for leaving a comment, it really does brighten my day!

Other Posts You Might Like