Pages

Monday 10 May 2021

Tearrific Pals duo


Happy Monday, crafty friends! 

DT Natalia here with you today. I have two cards I made featuring the Tearrific Pals stamp and die collection to share with you.




I made these two pink and green Faux Dip Dye backgrounds with watercolours some weeks ago - my watercolours were out, and they do not come out often, so when they do, I have to make the most of them!) and I knew I wanted to use them with this fun stamp set. I would try and explain to you what the Faux Dip Dye technique is all about, but I learned it from Kristina Werner, and you can check her blog and You Tube video for details - she will do a much better job at explaining it than me! The watercolours I use are from MozArt and I got them from Amazon UK. I used Canson XL watercolour cardstock to create these backgrounds. 

I prepared my 11x15cm card bases and left them to a side. I then used the biggest of the Large Scallop Celebrate frame dies to die cut two panels; one from black and one from white cardstock. I took my watercolour panels and used the same die to cut just the top, so that it fit perfectly onto the back panel. 



Then I stamped and coloured the images. I used my Spectrum Noir markers and the colours are used are: 

  • Cat: BG3, BG4 and BG2; PP3
  • Cat mug: CT4, CT3, CT2 and CT1
  • Tea bag: TN2, EB2 and EB1; AG5, AG3 and AG1




And for the panda card:

  • Panda: PP3 (for the cheeks)
  • Panda mug: BP6, BP4, BP2; HB3, HB2, HB1
  • Sugar cubes: IG2, IG1



Once coloured, I used the die cuts from the set to cut all the images and sentiments. I really like how the coordinating dies have little details like the hole in the mug handle, and the sentiment dies cut around the letters, which gives it a very different finish than a rectangle. 

I assembled the elements onto the card using double sided foam tape and finished it off with some gems and sequins from My Little Things from Lucy's cards. 

If you would like to purchase anything from the shop, remember to use the code T4TNEILA10 for a 10% discount!

I hope you like these! Have a lovely week and see you next Monday with more cards. 

Sending hugs, 
Natalia

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for leaving a comment, it really does brighten my day!

Other Posts You Might Like