Pages

Sunday 9 May 2021

Hey Friend!

 Good afternoon everyone and happy Sunday,

DT Lyndsey here and today I want to share with you this sweet card using the adorable Lucky Ducks stamp and die set. I am totally in love with this gorgeous set and can see plenty of cards in my future with it.


I created a little scene with the ducks and did a bit of masking to add the flower clumps behind the ducks, and then added the pond in with my markers. I coloured the ducks up as Mallards (proper ducks) for something a bit different and love how they turned out!

The whole image was coloured using my Spectrum Noir markers (colours listed below in order of lightest to darkest)

Face - LG2, LG3 LG5

Belly - TN7,  TN9,  TN8

Body - BG1,  BG3,  BG5 

Beak- CT1,  CT4, GB5 

Bullrush - EB6, EB3, EB7 

Grass - CG1,  CG2,  DG4

Pond - TB2, TB3,  TB4 , TB8

I cut out the scene using the 3rd largest A2 Layering Die and then used the same sized A2 Nesting Frame Die to cut a frame from white card, adding it to the image with foam tape.


I stamped the "Hey!" sentiment in the top right hand corner as I thought it just matched the scene perfectly. Now I do have a little chuckle when I look at this card, just because the sentiment reminds me of the Duck Song, and I dud have it stuck in my head for ages afterwards 🤣.

If you've not heard of the song, here's a snippet of the lyrics!

The duck walked up to a lemonade stand

And he said to the man, running the stand
"Hey! (Bum bum bum) Got any grapes?"
The man said
"No we just sell lemonade. But it's cold
And it's fresh
And it's all home-made. Can I get you
Glass?"
The duck said,
"I'll pass".
Then he waddled away.
(Waddle waddle)
'Til the very next day.
(Bum bum bum bum ba-bada-dum)
I trimed a 6x6 card blank  down to 12cm wide and added a piece of patterned paper to the front, cut slightly smaller than the card. The panel was added to the centre of the card and I finished off with a few clear drops.
Thank you for joining me here on the blog today, I hope you enjoyed my card.
Don't forget to use my code T4TLYNDSEY10 for 10% off your order in store.
Enjoy the rest of your weekend 
Lyndsey x

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for leaving a comment, it really does brighten my day!

Other Posts You Might Like