Pages

Saturday 29 May 2021

You've got Snail Mail


 

Hi everyone, so the new Time for Tea release is out and isn't it just super fun! What's your favourite? I love the You got Mail set its just super cute. It will pair perfectly with the older set if you have it in your collection too. You can have a whole family of snails then, it will be like one big party. 
So with that the snails had to be my first card, I wanted to create a layered garden scene for them so I used the Die-namic Display card die to cut out my base and stencilled it with the new slimline scene builder stencil using tumbled glass distress ink. After stencilling I added some splatters using the same ink to give some added texture. Once this was finished up I started on the rest of the elements for the background I cut out the panels that come with the Display card die but then used the landscape edge standalone dies on the edges to create my grass and soil. I ink blended these and added some splatters in the same colour to give some texture and popped them onto my base. I find if I do it this was its easier to see my layout and where to put things.
Then it was time for the fun part colouring  all the snails and accessories. I just stamped everything out then anything I didn't use on this card I had ready for another. As I was colouring up my snails I decided to add one with a pink body to add some brightness to the card. It just felt like it needed an extra pop of colour. I liked the idea of the snails bringing snail mail to the ladybird so coloured up my mailbox with some polka dots just like the ladybird and it turned out super cute. Once the big items were coloured up I popped them onto my base to see what I would need to fill in the gaps. Of course I needed my ladybird and some letters then I added some toadstools and flowers. 
The next thing to add was my sentiment which I stamped and die cut, I love how it cutes around the letters sometimes a banner strip is just too big and this is the perfect alternate. After adding everything though it felt like my sides were a little bare still. Then I remembered those fun paper planes from the Paper Planes Pals set so added a couple of those and drew in some little dashes with a black copic outliner and that was my card finished up. I hope you like my garden scene and I cant wait to see what you all create. If you still haven't bought your goodies yet don't forget you can get 10% off using code T4TNATALIE10 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for leaving a comment, it really does brighten my day!

Other Posts You Might Like