Pages

Saturday 1 May 2021

Spring Shaker Card!

 



Happy Saturday everyone its my first card to share with those adorable new bunnies from the new  Blooming Bunnies stamp set. I teamed it with the Tulip Aperture Slimline Add on Die set to create this fun spring themed shaker card. It's a quick and easy card to make which is always great but still looks great. 
I began by cutting out the smallest rectangle in the Slimline Scalloped Trio Nesting Dies with the Tulip Die in the centre to cut out the shaker windows. I also cut out the next sized up rectangle and the smaller one again but without the tulips cut out. To create the background I used Kitsch Flamingo, Dried Marigold and Squeezed Lemonade Distress Oxide ink just blending them together and then spritzing with water to give some texture. I did this twice so that I could flip them around so you can see the yellow is at the back with the pink tulip and the opposite at the top. 
Whilst I waited for these to dry I stamped out my bunnies and a couple of the flowers I used warm grey copics for the bunnies with a hint of R11 for the cheeks for the bunnies. The flowers were really simple to colour as they are quite small images so not much shading is required. Then cut them out with the coordinating dies. 
To put the shaker card together I added my acetate for the windows and used foam tape on the back of the white slimline piece of card with the tulips cut out. I made the tulips as separate shaker pieces so you don't have to use too many sequins. Also I wanted to have some contrast between the background and the sequins its only subtle but I used darker pink against the yellow and a softer pink against the kitsch flamingo.   
Before I added the sequins I took the backing of the foam tape and added the sequins this way there's less of a chance of getting your sequins stuck to the foam tape. 
Once the sequins were added I could pop on the back piece adding the pink at the bottom to give the contrast. This was then popped onto the other piece of card I'd coloured but with the yellow at the bottom this time. 
Then it was just adding the bunnies and the sentiment which was from the new Brighter Days Sentiment card the grey on white version. I like the softer look of the grey and they are so quick for sentiments I love them. The last bit was to pop it on my card base ad that was my card finished up for this week. I hope you have enjoyed my tutorial and don't forget you can get 10% off in the shop using code T4TNATALIE10 
Have a great weekend!

 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for leaving a comment, it really does brighten my day!

Other Posts You Might Like