Pages

Thursday 20 May 2021

Using Patterned Paper & Pre-Printed Sentiments | with Tasha

 Hey Crafty People!

It's Tasha here, and I'm back with some more video inspiration for you. Today I'm sharing three designs using more of the beautiful paper from the Brighter Days release and I'm pairing them with the pre printed sentiments; I LOVE these!!!
These two supplies make it so easy & fun to make a whole bunch of cards!


Check out my video here, and some details about each card below!


Card 1


So for my first card, I cut the cloudy sky paper down to a2 (4.25x5.5inch) and attached this to an a2 card base made from heavyweight white card.

I cut the smaller Inverted Scallop Frame from some baby blue cardstock I had in my stash and glued this onto the diagonal stripes rainbow paper.

I trimmed around the frame with some long blade scissors, and glued the whole thing to the upper middle of the clouds background.

I chose the Brighter Days Are Ahead sentiment from the grey sentiments set and cut this into a strip with my paper trimmer, before popping it up on an adhesive foam strip on the rainbow.

Three enamel dots from the neutrals set finished this off nicely.


Card 2




I think this is my favourite of the three cards I made today! I just love these stitched Tulips from the Slimline Add On; this die cuts three Tulip windows into your paper, and the stitching detail is on both the windows and the Tulips.

I trimmed the black & white wavy striped paper down to a2, with my stripes going horizontally for a landscape card.

I chose three areas to cut my Tulips from on the coloured bands and dots paper, trimming a small aquare that I could then tape onto my die.

The business of the background meant my Tulips just didn't pop like I wanted them to, and my favourite solution to that is always to add a bit of vellum! This tones down the background enough to help the flowers stand out whilst also allowing the background to peek through. I love this trick!

I trimmed one of the black pre printed sentiments this time, then added this across the middle flower die cut and again, I finished the whole design with some enamel dots.

Card 3




This one is the easiest of all as it requires nothing more than a paper trimmer!

I cut the blue wavy paper down to a2, and then trimmed the purple paper to 4x5.25inch, this gives me a nice border right round when I layered them up.

I cut the mini rainbows and clouds paper down into a 1.5inch strip that sits nicely on my purple layer.
I glued each of these down onto each other, then an a2 card base.

Another grey sentiment and some cute cloud embellishments finish the design nicely!


So that's it!
I really love how easy it is to make great cards with some fabulous paper and these pre printed sentiments. Perfect!

I hope you enjoyed my video and you're feeling inspired to play around with your own supplies!
Thank you so much for spending this time with me.

Have a lovely, happy, safe, wonderful week!
    
Stay Crafty!
Byeee!

HandmadeByTasha


Supplies: Brighter Days paper pad: https://timeforteadesigns.co.uk/products/brighter-days-6x6-paper-pad?_pos=1&_sid=293fe04ff&_ss=r Pre Printed Sentiments: Black: https://timeforteadesigns.co.uk/products/brighter-days-sentiment-cards-white-on-black?_pos=3&_sid=293fe04ff&_ss=r Grey: https://timeforteadesigns.co.uk/products/brighter-days-sentiment-cards-white-on-grey?_pos=2&_sid=293fe04ff&_ss=r Inverted Scallop Frame dies: https://timeforteadesigns.co.uk/products/smile-inverted-scallop-frame-dies?_pos=3&_sid=76ca944d5&_ss=r Neutrals Enamel Dots: https://timeforteadesigns.co.uk/products/enamel-dots?_pos=1&_sid=52aff1017&_ss=r Tulip slimline die add on: https://timeforteadesigns.co.uk/products/tulip-add-on-die-set-horizontal?_pos=1&_sid=631279b7f&_ss=r

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for leaving a comment, it really does brighten my day!

Other Posts You Might Like