Pages

Wednesday 14 July 2021

Tri-fold scene card - Monthly Step By Step Tutorial

Hey everyone! Did you bag some good bargains in the recent die sale at T4TD?? I thought this month would be a good time to make a card using several of my new die sets, but you can adapt this to any that you have, or even make it just using stamps and no dies!



I wanted to create a scene where my little road-tripping bunny spends all day travelling to get home to be with his loved ones, setting out in the daylight and reaching home as the sun sets.




For this card, you'll need:




Instructions:

  1.     Cut four of the main die from the Die-Namic Display card die set. Trim two of the panels down to just leave the centre panel, and trim the other two to leave the centre panel plus one flap on the side. 
  2.     Adhere one side panel to the back of a centre panel using tape runner. Do the same with the other side panel on the opposite side of the centre panel. Turn the card base over and adhere the other centre panel to hide the two flaps. You now have your tri-fold card base. 
  3.     Stamp out the images you wish to use in your scene, and die cut (or fussy cut).
  4.     Die cut three of the large hills from the Die-Namic Display card die set out and two of the smaller ones, all from green cardstock. Die cut three road pieces from the Slimline Hillside die set out of grey cardstock and again in white. 
  5.     For my scene, I needed to have my bunny travelling eastwards on the front of the card, but westwards on the inside, so I did some mirror stamping to get a reverse image. To do this, I removed the mat from my MISTI stamping tool, placed my silicone craft mat inside and stamped onto it several times to get plenty of ink. I then placed my card down over the top of the stamped image to get my mirror image! I did this for the car and the bunny. 
  6.     Colour your images whichever way you prefer. I used Copics for mine today. 
  7.     At this point, I started to lay all of my pieces down on the card to work out where I wanted them to go.
  8.     Next, grab your inks and blending tools. On the front page, I blended some yellow around where the sun was going to be, and then blue for the rest of the sky. I then opened up my card fully, and again, blended some yellow around where the sun would be, followed by orange for the sunset, and a little red at the base of the trees. I faded the orange out a little towards the left panel, and then ink blended in blue from the left into the middle, to give a sunset effect. I repeated the blue/orange blend on the 2nd page of the card, to match the inside.
  9.     Now, time to assemble the card! 
  •     Lay out your trees in the background and your hills over the top. Trim them so that they fit on to each individual panel - don't have anything hanging over the folds of your card, or it will stop it from folding flat. I recommend leaving a slight gap between the end of your die cut elements and the card fold so that it will fold easily. Glue in place. 
  •     Trim down your row of houses to fit the centre panel and glue in place. I recommend using tape runner if possible, as I find that liquid glue can tend to make things warp a little. 
  •     Adhere your grey road across all five card panels (card front, second page and all three inside panels). Inlay the white road lines from your white die-cut into the centre. 
  •     Add the bunny in his car to the front page, and the mirror image cars to the second page, and the right hand panel of the inside scene. 
  •     Glue the panda in his plane to the left hand panel of your inside scene. 
  •     Add some clouds and other details where you like across the scene. 
  •     Finally, adhere on your traffic lights and stop sign to the car front and inside scene
    10. Stamp your sentiments - I used "See you soon" from the Car Critters set on the inside left panel; the arrow and "this way" on the second page, and "HI!" to the inside of the  stop sign. 
    11. To finish, I added some Glossy Accents to the green traffic light. 









Phew, thanks for staying with me through all of that! This card was a labour of love and not one I'll be mass-producing any time soon, but I hope you agree that the end result made it all worthwhile!! 

Have you made any tri-fold scene cards before? If this blog inspires you, I'd love yo see your makes, please tag me and/or T4TD on social media! 

And don't forget you can use discount code T4TJAYNE10 to get 10% off your order at the T4T online shop. 

Happy crafting! Xoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for leaving a comment, it really does brighten my day!

Other Posts You Might Like