Pages

Monday 5 July 2021

CAS new home card

Hello tea timers! 

It is DT Natalia back with you today! I have a card that was inspired by the CAS queen - yes, Cathy Zielske

How do you feel about CAS cards? I love seeing them but I sometimes struggle to keep it minimal. I do however want to try and make more of them! 

I chose to feature the Hillside Village stamp and die set. I love house stamps, and this was perfect for this technique. 

I started off by making a rainbow coloured panel with some Izink Spray inks. I bought these long ago and haven’t used them much, but they really are lovely to make backgrounds. I sprayed a bit of each colour onto some watercolour cardstock and then sprayed Perfect Pearls water onto it so the colours move nicely. The Perfect Pearls water gives it a beautiful shimmery effect which is hard to capture on pictures! 

I then stamped the houses stamp from the Hillside Village set and used white WOW embossing powder with it and then cut out the houses silhouette with the coordinating die



To give the background some interest, I used the chic chevron stencil to do some dry embossing on a white panel which was cut to 3.75x4.75” - this is a great technique to give your cards some dimension! 


I put it all together and used a sentiment from the Brighter Days Sentiment Cards. I used a few sequins and gems from my little things from Lucy to finish it off. 

I am hoping this inspire you to try something simple today! I would love to see your creations if you do so please do let me know, either on Instagram or the Time for Tea Designs friends page!

If you head over to the Time for Tea shop, and fancy treating yourself, you can get a 10% discount by using the code T4TNEILA10

Sending hugs,

Natalia




No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for leaving a comment, it really does brighten my day!

Other Posts You Might Like