Pages

Saturday 17 July 2021

I'm Quackers about you!



 

Happy Saturday, this week has been so busy and Saturday has come around so fast. This week I got to play with some of the last few releases that I hadn't had a chance to use yet. Just like last week I wanted to create a different look with the dies than just using them as a straight die cut.

I began by cutting out the mini slimline scallop dies and then using that as a template to cut out the size of my back panel. On the back panel I stencilled up some blue clouds using the Slimline Scene Builder Stencil and some Tumbled Glass Distress oxide ink. Then I layered on top of that the Sun Ray Cover Plate Die that I had blended with Squeezed Lemonade and Dried Marigold Distress Oxide Inks. Once that was laid on top I could add the frame I cut using the Mini Slimline Scallop Dies. I made sure not to stick right to the edge on the bottom so I could tuck my little duckies in.

The ducks and dragonfly are from the Lucky Duck Stamp Clear Stamp Set they were really simply coloured with warm grey Copics  to add some shading to their white feathers and finished off with some R11 for the cheeks and three little dots using a white gelly roll pen.  I cut these out and popped them on my card so I could see where to put my sentiment. 

For the sentiment I couldn't stamp straight onto the card as it was different layers but I didn't want to loose the details by adding a block sentiment strip. To get around this I used Velum so you can still see the details underneath, I used Staz on ink for this so that it didn't smudge.

I still felt like it was missing something so that's when I decided to colour up the dragonfly and I added the little heart speech bubble from the Bearing Gifts Clear Stamp Set. I finished my card up by mounting it onto some black cardstock and that was it finished up. I hope this gives you some encouragement and ideas to try new ways with your dies. After all you really want to get the most out of them. If you liked my card today and want to get any of the products or anything else from the shop you can get 10% off using code T4TNATALIE10. 

Hope you all have a great weekend and I will see you all next week!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for leaving a comment, it really does brighten my day!

Other Posts You Might Like