Pages

Tuesday 6 July 2021

Life Would Suck Without You Video Tutorial

 Hello crafty friends Vic here today and I’m sharing a fun video tutorial.


I wanted to make a fun and colourful background and I also wanted to share a technique using emboss resist. I love using this technique especially with watercolour paints. 


For my background I used the A5 Woodgrain Clear Stamp. This is one of my favourite stamp sets I love the design and the texture it gives. I used a piece of A6 watercolour card and I stamped my ink with versamark ink. This will act like a glue to hold your embossing powder. I then sprinkled over some Opaque Bright White Embossing Powder onto my card and heat set the powder with my heat gun. I added some water and then added some distress inks onto my watercolour card. Using the heat gun I sped up the drying process. 


I stamped out my images using the Hillside Village Clear Stamp Set and I used the Coordinating Dies. I coloured the houses in with watercolour paint. I then stamped out my cute snails using the Snail Mail Stamp Set and Coordinating Dies. I coloured the snails and other accessories in with my copic markers. (Copic markers are listed on the screen of the video tutorial).


I also wanted to add a frame to my card and I used the Smile Inverted Scallop Frames Die. I used a pretty pink card to die cut my frame and I trimmed away the edges. I applied some foam tape to my frame and adhered this onto my card. I added all my images and then used a sentiment from the Brighter Days Sentiment Cards


I love how my card turned out I think it looks really bright and colourful. I hope you give the resist embossing technique a try it’s really fun to do and makes a watercolour background more fun. 

You can save 10% off your Time For Tea Designs purchases using the code: T4TVICKI10 at the checkout and this also includes new release products too. 

Thank you so much for stopping by today!

Hugs

Vic

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for leaving a comment, it really does brighten my day!

Other Posts You Might Like