Pages

Saturday 31 July 2021

Have a Cool Birthday!


 

Happy Saturday Teatimers! So what did you think of the new release, What's on your wish list or did have to have it all? 
I just love the Cool Critters set I love the little kitty with their Twister Ice lolly and I couldn't resist giving the racoon a little Fab lolly. 
To make my card I stamped out all the images from the Cool Critters stamp set, I always do three of each so while I have my pens out I can colour up a few at a time. This always helps when you need a quick card later on as they are already cut and coloured up and ready to go. 
There wasn't a lot of fancy colouring I just added some dots for texture on the ice cream. Then to make the Fab lolly I used my coloured Gelly Roll pens to add the sprinkles then cut them out with the coordinating dies 
Going with the Twister theme I really wanted to create a fun summer background with the Slimline Candy Stripes die unfortunately this is no longer available in the shop at the minute if you haven't got it  though you could use and striped die or maybe a striped stencil. I cut the die out with white cardstock, pink and green paper and then out of white fun foam. I love using fun foam as an alternative to foam tape when it's quite a fiddly die to stick. I stuck the white card onto the foam tape using cosmic shimmer glue.
I made up a white card base just a little wider than the die and stuck my foam base straight onto that. Next I just laid and stuck in my coloured pieces in a pink, green and then leave a gap pattern. 
I was just going to stick my critters and van straight on top but I'd gone for the same twister colour scheme for the Ice Cream Van and it blended into the background too much. To counteract this I used one of the circle dies from the new Simple Circle Dies to cut out a velum circle which I popped underneath this just mutes the background colours a little so your focus is on the Ice Cream Van. 
Once the van was in place I popped on my critters and added my sentiment which I white heat embossed onto black cardstock and cut out with the coordinating dies. I just love how Time for Tea coordinating dies cut out the sentiment too. 
I hope you like my card for today the new release is just super fun if you would like to pick any of it up in the shop or anything else you can get 10% off your order using code T4TNATALIE10
Have a great weekend and I will see you same time next week 💓


 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for leaving a comment, it really does brighten my day!

Other Posts You Might Like