Pages

Tuesday 20 July 2021

Follow your dreams with GD Mihaela ❤️

 



Hello crafty by friends,


I hope you've all had a lovely weekend! It’s Miki here and today I am back with my last Guest Designer card for Time For Tea Designs. I've fallen in love with slimline cards since getting a hold of the Slimline Scalloped Trio Circle Nesting Dies so I thought I'd share one idea with you today.


To start with, I ink blended the sky using a clouds stencil and the following distress oxides:

  • Spun Sugar
  • Wilted Violet

To finish off the sky, I added some splatters in Wilted Violet and white gouache. Next, I focused on the unicorns. These are from the Unicorn In Training Clear Stamp Set. I stamped the critters and some of the smaller images in the set and colored those in using the Spectrum Noir Illustrator markers. I've tried to include all the colors below, but I went a bit crazy so you'll have to forgive me if I missed any!

  • Unicorns
    • PP3-PP1 + blender - body
    • IG3 - legs
    • PL3-PL1/ MG3-MG1 - hair
    • MG3, MG1, CT3, CT1, LG3, LG1, BT4, BT2 - rainbow horns
  • Rainbow & clouds
    • MG4-MG1, CT3-CT1, GT3-GT1, IB3-IB1
  • Star & Lollipop
    • MG3, MG1, CT3, CT1, GT3, GT1, PL3, PL1

Once all the stamps were colored I went ahead and fussy cut them. To add some more detail I added white highlights in gel pen and for added sparkle I used the Diamond Stickles.

Now that my unicorns were ready I focused on creating the card base. I used the Slimline Scalloped Trio Circle Nesting Dies to die cut the sky using the smallest die, some white cardstock with the medium die and finally some purple cardstock using the largest die in the set. I glued those together on the cardbase. Initially I was only planning to have a white embossed sentiment on a black strip but I thought it would look quite nice to emboss on the panel directly as well so I ended up doing both. I embossed the "follow your" in white embossing powder on a black strip and the Dreams in black on the sky panel. I added my sentiment strip, the unicorns and accessories all using foam tape and that was it!

I had so much fun creating this dreamy card and if you're like me and you've been scared of making slimline cards, trust me: it's more fun than it looks so I hope you give it a go!

Thanks so much for tuning in!

Hugs,
Miki ♥

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for leaving a comment, it really does brighten my day!

Other Posts You Might Like