Pages

Tuesday 13 July 2021

Guest Designer Mika shares her gorgeous bunny shaker card!


Hello Crafty Friends!

 It’s Miki here today and I’m super excited to be Guest Designing for Time For Tea Designs this month! 


  I’ve been wanting to get this Kite die set for so long now and it finally happened so if you want to find out how I made this card please keep reading! :)




 The die is so easy to use, you get 3 different ones - one for the kite itself, one for the backing and a slightly smaller one for the acetate. I used the kite die 7 times and glued 6 of them together to create enough room for the sequins to move. Once that was done I added the acetate on top and another white kite, on top of the acetate. I added the sequins in the 4 compartments - more is more in this case haha! and sealed it off with an orange backing. I then die cut the string from white card stock and the bows from orange and assembled them. - I just think the bows are so cute, I couldn’t only add one! From the same set I used the hi die cut and did 3 layers of that.


Next, I focused on the background. For this I used the Birch Forest Stencil with the following oxides:
  • Seedless Preserves
  • Spiced Marmalade
  • Wild Honey

  • I love this colour combo so much for a summerish sun-set! Next, I die cut the grass from white card stock and used the following oxides:
  • Twisted Citron
  • Mowed Lawn

  • If I’m totally honest I wish I had done 2 layers of grass but it’s no biggie! To add some interest to it I used the flower dies from the Windmill Add On Die Set (this set is great!) and cut them multiple times from ink blended card stock (I used the same colours as the sky for this).
    Next up is the cute bunny! This is from the Blooming Bunnies set. I simply stamped one of the critters and coloured it using the following Spectrum Noir Illustrator markers:
  • RB4, RB3, RB2, RB1 - fur
  • PP1 - blush
  • TN9 - nose

  • I fussy cut the bunny and it was time to assemble the card. I used some dimension for the critter and for the rest of the elements I just used liquid glue as the kite already had a lot of dimension. I felt like something was still missing and I remembered that the All Occasions Critters set has this cute bear with bees flying around which die cut individually so I had to add a couple of bees! At the end I added some white highlights to the critter, bees & flowers and that’s it!

    I do hope you like this card and I hope it encourages you to mix and match your sets - I love stretching my supplies and coming up with new ideas!

    Until next time!

    Hugs,
    Miki ♥ 

    No comments:

    Post a Comment

    Thank you for leaving a comment, it really does brighten my day!

    Other Posts You Might Like