Pages

Saturday 10 July 2021

You are Elephantastic!


 

Hi everyone its DT member Natalie here and the weekend is here again! I'm so ready for my Saturday off. The weather is miserable so a day in and catching up on crafting and time with the boy. 
I have been enjoying getting out my older sets and I finally got time to colour up the sweet elephants from the Elephantastic Clear Stamp set. Its the first time I've made a vellum shaker card and I love the soft look it gives. 
To make my card I began by stamping out my elephant onto copic paper. I coloured it up using warm greys and R11 for the cheek and inside of the ears. Then R27 for the love heart with a touch of R29 for some shading. Not much colouring today which is a change for me but it was a nice change from scene cards for once.
The base of the card is made up using the new Smile Inverted Scallop frame Dies which I cut out twice using some 360gsm smooth white card stock. Using one of the inner panels I blended Dried Marigold and Kitsch Flamingo distress oxide inks. I didn't bother too much about adding texture as you cant really see it so well behind the velum. Then with the other panel I cut out I took the Lots of Love Slimline Dies and cut that out from it. This just adds some added interest in the background. I stuck the blended panel and one of the frames together at the back using double sided tape. Then layered the heart inside it using liquid glue then my base for the shaker was ready. I added fun tape around the edge of the frame and took the paper off first and then added the sequins. I find if I do it this way if I do get my fingers stuck to the tape the sequins don't bounce out and get stuck to the tape. 
Once the sequins were added I just used a mix of yellows and pinks I found in my drawer I added the vellum on top. Then popped the other frame on top of that to give it that finished look. 
For the sentiment I cut out the Thank You Die out of the smooth white cardstock twice and layered it together and popped it onto my card. Adding the are elephantastic underneath in white embossing with the same oxide colours blended on top. Then added my elephant and that was my card finished up. 
I hope you like it and as always you can get 10% off in the shop using code T4TNATALIE10.
Have a great weekend and I will see you all next week with another super fun card to share.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for leaving a comment, it really does brighten my day!

Other Posts You Might Like