Pages

Tuesday 21 December 2021

JOY - Non-traditional Christmas Card


Hi friends! It's Miki here and today I'm back with a cute Christmas scene for T4TD. I kept it very clean by using a lot of white and I decided to use pink as my primary colour which might be a bit non-traditional for Christmas, but listen I love pink!


To start with, I ink blended a background using Kitsch Flamingo and Picked Raspberry. I then added some white splatters to it to mimmic snow. Next up, I used the Winter Trees dies to cut 5 trees from white cardstock for my wintery forest and glued them to my background. I then used the Landscape Edge Standalone Dies to cut two white hills and glued them at the bottom of my card front.

For my critters I used the adorable Stop Daschshund Around Stamp set. I did some masking for the little sweaters so I started by stamping them. I then stamped them on a post it note and cut them on the black line so I could mask. Once the masks were on, I stamped the daschshunds. I really like this technique for stuff like this as it looks more natural in y opinion. Because of the masking I couldn't use the matching dies so I just cut them out by hand. I then used my Spectrum Noir Illustrator markers and colored them in. Next, I added some white highlights using a gel pen and added them to my card using foam tape for added dimension.

For the sentiment I picked the Joy Stitched Sentiment Die. I cut the letters 3 times from white card stock and glued them together and cut the shadow from Vellum. I assembled it together and glued it on my card. To finish it off, I added some snowflake shaped gems to my background.

I hope you like today's card, I have to say it's one of my favourites from the new release but I might be biased haha. If you shop on the T4TD website, please remember to use my code T4TMIKI10 for 10% off your whole order.

I wish you all a wonderful Christmas!

Crafty hugs,
Miki

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for leaving a comment, it really does brighten my day!

Other Posts You Might Like