Pages

Tuesday 7 December 2021

Bake it 'till you make it



Hello Tea Timers!


It's Miki here and today I have an extra yummy scene to share with you! I'm in love with the new release from T4TD and the Baked with love sets are just the cutest!

As always, I started my card by working on the background. This helps me build up my scenes and pick my colours. I used a Distress Oxide in Dried Marigold with the Boho Tiles stencil to create my wall. Since the stencil is 6 x 6 and I went for a slimline card, I had to do a bit of masking, but it's so easy to align, it didn't take long at all! I then took the medium die from the Slimline Scalloped Trio Circle Nesting Dies and cut it to size. Next up was my floor. I used the Tiled Wall stencil at an angle and applied a light layer of the Pumice Stone Distress Oxide to create my tiled floor. Again, I did a bit of masking to cover the whole area. I then used the Slimline Scalloped Trio Circle Nesting die to add that stitched border all around and then cut the top using my guillotine to make it smaller. Next, I went ahead and glued the floor on top of my tiled wall. I then picked the largest die from the same set and cut it from black card stock and glued my scene background to it, leaving a border all around.




Next, I started building my kitchen using the Baked With Love Kitchen Add On Stamp and Die Collection. I started by stamping all the images in the set and die cut them. Then, I roughly arranged them on to my background to decide what I wanted to include - as you can see I didn't use all the little utensils in the set but you could do! I then coloured them using my Spectrum Noir Illustrator markers. To add some dimension, I used the fridge, counter and oven dies one more time to die cut from white card stock which I glued underneath my stamped & coloured images. You can see this in the picture above. For added details I also included some highlights using a white gel pen. Once I was happy with my scene I glued those on to the background.

For my critters and sentiment I used the Baked With More Love Stamp and Die Collection. I stamped two of the mice, the Chef hat and some accessories and die cut them using the matching dies. I then coloured them in and added some highlights. I decided the hat should go on the little mice holding the tray so I glued that on his head. I arranged the rest of the images on the scene and glued them down.

For the sentiment I used WOW white embossing powder on black card stock - I have a soft spot for white on black sentiments, haha! I then used the matching die and cut it twice from black card stock and once for the embossed sentiment. I glued the layers together and then directly on to the scene.

I then prepped a matching card base to go behind my card panel and that was it. This card was a lot of fun to create and I can't wait to see all your incredible scenes!

If you shop on the T4TD website, please remember to use my code T4TMIKI10 for 10% off your whole order.

Crafty Hugs,
Miki

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for leaving a comment, it really does brighten my day!

Other Posts You Might Like