Pages

Friday 10 December 2021

Home For Christmas

 


Happy Friday and thanks for visiting. DT Annalisa here sharing a card featuring the new Home For Christmas Die set from Time For Tea Designs. It has so many little pieces that can create a beautiful winter scene, however, if you don't use the snow pieces, you could use this in any season. 

For the trees, I used smooth cardstock in different shades of green. For the houses, I coloured white cardstock with my Distress Oxide inks (Weathered Wood, Speckled Egg, Squeezed Lemonade) and die cut the pieces out. 

For the snowy hill, I used the Slimline Hillside Scene Dies to cut Holiday Shimmer cardstock (from Recollections) using the wavy stitched die in the set. For the sky, I ink blended with Squeezed Lemonade Distress Oxide and my Beautiful Rainbow Blender Brushes for a pale yellow sky.

I cut out cardstock in the shape of the houses and roofs so that I could adhere the windows, doors and roofs to the same layer. I used liquid glue to stick down the tresses and houses, except for one tree and the tall house - those I popped up using foam tape.

For the home sentiment, I used the Blue Lady Puffy Alpha Stickers. The 'for Christmas' sentiment is from two stamp sets - the new Baked With More Love stamp set and the Christmas Surprise Clear Stamp Set. I stamped the sentiment (after masking out the word you) and cut it out with my paper trimmer. I stuck it down onto some shimmer cardstock which I cut out a bit larger so that there would be a small border around the words.

To finish the card, I added foam tape to the back of the scene and placed it on top of a 5 1/2 by 4 1/2 piece of shimmery patterned paper that I had die cut using a stitched die.

Thank you so much for reading my blog post, you can use my discount code T4TANNALISA10 when you visit the Time For Tea Designs shop to get 10% off your order.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for leaving a comment, it really does brighten my day!

Other Posts You Might Like