Pages

Saturday 18 December 2021

Falalalala Coffee Shaker Card

 


Happy Saturday everyone, I have been so excited to make a shaker card with the new Take Out Coffee Cup Dies. It was really easy to do too but you never know maybe one day Jo will do an add on set for us 😉
The rest of the card was pretty simple to do so to avoid a lengthy blog post I'll let you know how I made the shaker part. I began by cutting out the cup part out of 360 gsm white card twice, once out of brown paper and then again from white fun foam. I adhered the brown paper onto one and then on the second one I needed to cut out a window for the shaker. So using a ruler I measured 5 mm from the edge all around using dots to guide me then just joined them up using the ruler so it was all nice and straight. 
Then using the line as a guide I cut out the inside using my craft knife you want to make sure your blade is nice and sharp to get a clean cut, I used this then as a guide to cut out the middle of the fun foam and adhered them together with a piece of acetate sandwiched between them. 
I found it was easier to add the sequins into this part and adhering the brown paper onto the back. I used a mix of chocolate, gold and burgundy sequins as I was thinking about the Costa Coffee Black Forest Hot Chocolate when I was making this one. If i did it again though I feel like a pop of cream would have been great in there too!
Once this part was put together I added the rim of the cup in the same white card and cut out the cream for the top adding a little colour with some brown Distress Inks. I also cut the cream out of fun foam too so that it sat at the same height as the cup. I finished it up with a cherry and a heart die for a little extra detail. 
I just love how this one turned out and again I got to mix sets old and new which you know I love, Time for Tea stamps just work so well together which is what I love about them, it means you can still keep using your old favourites but adding a new twist with new designs!
For the rest of the card I used the Baked with more Love stamps, Hello Cupcake StampsZig Zag Frame and Tag DiesFalalala Scalloped Slimline DiesSlimline Hillside Scene Dies  and the new Snow Flurry Cover Plate Die. I told you I liked to mix and match my sets didn't I 😂
I hope you like my card for today if you want to purchase any of the items in the Time for Tea Shop you can get 10% off your orders using code T4TNATALIE10 . Happy crafting and have a great weekend!

 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for leaving a comment, it really does brighten my day!

Other Posts You Might Like