Pages

Tuesday 14 December 2021

Merry Everything - A pattern paper card


Hi crafty friends! Happy Tuesday!


It's Miki here and today I'm back with my weekly inspiration for Time For Tea Designs - this time around I have a simple card for you using pattern paper - I'm sure we all have tons and rarely reach for it - I know I do.

To start with, I chose a design from the Joyful Winter 6x6 Paper Pad. I really love the striped paper so I wanted this to be the star of the show. I then used the Wide Stitched Frame Dies to build up my card - you can see all the added dimension in the picture below.


I took the frame dies and aligned them on the pattern paper as well as I could. Once I was happy with the alignment I taped each frame die to my paper and ran them through my die cutting machine. That left me with 3 frames which I used to build up my card. I started with the largest one and glued it straight to the card base. Then, I took the next smaller die and cut it twice from white card stock. I glued those together and then took the pattern paper frame and glued it on top. This now three layer frame went on my card base, somewhat aligned to the previous one - there are small imperfections, but shhh no one can tell! For the next size down I used the die and cut from white card stock 4 times to build up dimension - hopefully you can see where I'm going with this. Once those were glued together I aligned it to the frames on my card. Next up was the sentiment. I used the smallest die to cut a sentiment strip from the Winter Wonderland Sentiment Cards. I then used the die and cut it 6 more times from white card stock and glued them together behind my sentiment and popped it in the centre of my card. 

This was super easy to create and frankly quite therapeutic - I really hope you give it a go!

I hope you like today's card and if you shop on the T4TD website, please remember to use my code T4TMIKI10 for 10% off your whole order.

Crafty hugs,
Miki

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for leaving a comment, it really does brighten my day!

Other Posts You Might Like